Search Engine Optimization is two faceted; It has to do with methods and techniques applied on the website code and content, which is called on-page Search Engine Optimization (on-page SEO), and off-page work that has mainly to do with backlinking.
Backlinking, email marketing, social media marketing efforts can lead to a dead end if your webpages are note optimized for speed, content and Google ranking.
What exactly is on-page SEO
On-page SEO‘s mainly to do with optimizing web content for a keyword. This is the most unsophisticated definition I can give.
Keywords are the main factor for a web page to be discovered and ranked by Google. Where you put keywords is not that simple though.
Keywords need to be within the article body several times, the title, bold and italics type faces, heading tags (H1, H2, H3), the page URL, image alt texts and the meta description. Sound complicated? It actually requires some technical knowledge as well as writing skills to apply on-page SEO.
There is a very informative article on moz.com that explains in plain English the factors that contribute towards the perfect search engine optimized page.
An ideally optimized web page
A web page with perfect on-page SEO should have all of the following criteria met:
- Be hyper-relevant to a specific topic (usually a product or single object or a keyword/keyphrase)
- Include keyword in title tag
- Include keyword in URL
- Include keyword in image alt text
- Incude keyword in meta description
- Talk about the subject several times throughout the text content, using the keyword, synonyms of the keyword and phrases that make use of the keyword
- Provide unique and thorough content about a given subject
- Have long tect content compared to web programming code
- Link to other resources on the site (internal linking)
- Link to third-party authoritative websites (external links)
- Include a video or slide presentation
- Have a breadcrumb trail back to the category and the home page, in other words link back to the home page and the path the user followed to reach the page in question.
So, although quite complicated for the average internet user, that is the best practices for optimizing a website for SEO.
Also, loading speed, hosting location, website structure and some other technical factors play a significant role.
The predominant on-page SEO factors
Here is a graphic by MOZ describing the predominant SEO factors.
The best on-page Search Engine Optimization services
Don’t let yourself be frustrated in the SEO maze of jargon, techniques and best practices. In Swift Minds we offer top-quality on-page Search Engine Optimization services. We have both the technical and marketing skill required to optimize your website for Google and other major search engines. We can efficiently tackle any on-page SEO issues that prevent your site from ranking high.
We will reserch the most profitable keywords relevant to your services, products and niche, using advanced software tools like Google Keyword Planner and Longtail Pro. We will narrow down the keyword list and pick out the keyphrases that are optimal for ranking on page one of Google search results.
We will create keyword-optimized hub pages on your site to help with your rankings without compromising content quality, readability and brand authority.
We will skyrocket the loading speed of your website by optimizing the code and connecting your pages to a Content Delivery Network (CDN) for faster loading, at no extra cost for you.
So, why wait? Why leave on-page SEO to luck or unqualified staff and freelancers? Join now our monthly services to get the full internet marketing, SEO and content services your business deserves. On-page SEO could be the answer to you competion outranking you. Get now the most affordable price for on-page SEO services.